Labels

Thursday 28 February 2013

A Space Babe and a Classy Mural

These last two are both for Digital Illustration, a class that you can see I put a lot of my painting time into.


This was our final project for the 2012 semester. I wanted to do something in space, with a human figure and interesting lighting. As far as I can tell I achieved all three! For the planet I used a stock photo of rock and a tutorial to get it looking pretty planet like. The girl is entirely by my own design and I used no reference for her or her armour. I might have wanted to look up a pose reference from the beginning but I'm still really pleased with the result.

This is a more recent project from 2013! The hallway outside of the project studio was painted black so a mural could be painted on. We worked in partners to come up with designs and this was my concept. My friend Krista Mackinnon and I finished it together, I did the three left figures and she did the three on the right. The design ended up winning and is now being painted! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment